José Domínguez

Default Installing Replacement Windows

I'm in the process of requesting quotes to get the windows in my house
replaced. So far I have got two quotes.

The first one is quoting me Milgard Styleline (model 6000) which from
what I have read they seem to be ok windows. My concern with this one
quote is that the installer is saying they would order the windows
without nail fins and install them by screwing the window frame and then
plugging the holes.

The second quote is for windows from a company called Insulate
Industries. Their installation is more like what I have read and seen
done in other places. My concern here is that when I looked up the
company on the Internet I couldn't get much of a hit. The one entry I
found was about a law suit due to misrepresenting the insulating ability
of the windows. Not a good sign.

So the questionas a

- Is the installation by the first installer a common way to install
replacement windows?

- Will the method above be much of an issue for leakage? The installer
claimed that this way it'll be easier to detect a leak than if you had
the nail fins.

- Has anyone heard of Insulate Industries and are they any good?

Thank you in advance for any help. I will continue to ask for a couple
more quotes but wanted to clear this ones in the mean time.

Later,

José.