jeff

Default washing machine water temperature

hello wrote in message . ..
My washing machine is hooked up to the correct water lines in the
laundry room. My question is this. When I select HOT water for the
wash the water is HOT like it is supposed to be.
When I select COLD the water is COLD like it is supposed to be.
When I select WARM...the water is almost as cold as the COLD setting.

Do I have to adjust the HOT and COLD water valve on the wall in order
to get the proper mix for warm water or is there an internal valve
inside the washing machine that handles that.
I have a fairly recent Whirlpool and can get the model number if
needed in order to answer this question.

Hi,

A copy...

Use a thermometer to test the temp of the incoming water in your
washer. Hot water should be close to 120-140 degrees F. Warm water
fill should be 100 degrees F. Cold water is approx 60-80 degrees F.
What happens in a cold climate location is the cold water temp drops
as the outside temps drops

If you need ( and probably will ) to adjust your warm water fill, turn
on the hot water tap fully, turn off the cold water tap. Let the water
start to fill. Then slowly turn on the cold tap adding the cold water
to the hot water making a warm fill....use a thermometer to set water
temp and leave the taps stay when you get about 100 degree F water
fill. I adjust my own washer usually twice a year, one on summer time
and once in the dead of winter.

Hope this helps,

jeff.
Appliance repair Aid