Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default right of way at a mini roundabout

On 25/04/2019 10:08, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 19:54:12 +0100, "NY" wrote:

snip

All junctions have one stream that has priority and one or more streams that
must give way to that priority stream. according to standard rules. The
priorities are dependent on:

- priority to traffic on your right, on a roundabout

- priority to traffic that is on a major road (cross roads or T-junction
sign only), when on a minor road (give way signs and dash lines across the
road)

I'm sure this must have been mentioned somewhere but all of the mini
roundabouts I've checked round here have one entry with double broken
lines (priority?) and all the rest have single?

I didn't remember seeing that here, so I took a quick look at one local
one on streetview and there is no difference between the markings at
each entry.

Maybe some authorities do it differently. However, as that has never
been put into the Highway Code, drivers would not know to look out for
it or what it means.

SteveW