Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Mono Stereo

On 25/04/2019 09:35, tony sayer wrote:
In article , mm0fmf
scribeth thus
On 23/04/2019 15:49, tony sayer wrote:
In article , mm0fmf
scribeth thus
Not an inherent fault with DAB.
The fault with DAB is you cannot upgrade the codec to anything
acceptable by 2019 standards. So we're stuck with a poorly performing
codec and then have bean counters forcing low bitrate streams. Bad codec
and then constraining the bit rate is a recipe for ****ness.

Ever read about the AAC + or DAB 2 codec?...

Yes.

Can I upgrade the built my car audio system that only has DAB to DAB+? No.

Yes true but i don't think that AAC was around at the time..

Around the early 90's when DAB was being formulated..

80s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10569231

Then AIUI no one in the UK had the guts to say "oops!"

--
Robin