Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Track saw or spindle sander

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 6:13:49 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 4/24/2019 1:53 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/23/2019 1:37 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 1:12:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 4/23/2019 1:05 PM,
wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 12:53:59 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift

[snip]

Actually a disk sander is best for convex curves.Â* Spindle sanders are
better for convex curves.

Guessing you mean CONCAVE curves for the spindle sander.Â* I think
concave is the inside of a circle, hole cut into a piece of wood.
Whereas convex is the outside of a circle you cut from wood.Â* So an
"S" has both concave and convex curves. And you need both sanders for
an "S"!!!

Yeah, yeah.Â* LOL.Â* Concave.Â* I said convex twice, oops.

Don't two "vexes" make a "cave"? Oops, I guess I was thinking of three
rights making a left!

I'm vexed about all this...but I like caves.