Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Track saw or spindle sander

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 3:36:43 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 13:57:39 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/23/2019 4:02 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:05:26 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 1:00:50 PM UTC-5, Just Wondering wrote:
On 4/23/2019 11:53 AM, Michael wrote:
Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift cards. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

Thanks.

This time of year I'd buy plants and gardening supplies.

An understandable approach. However, for me, if there's an opportunity to buy a tool, I buy a tool.
How about a new lawn-mower then???

If he has a Honda mower, he probably does not need one. I just in the
past few weeks put new/expensive wheels on my Honda, $120.00 ish. I
bought that mower in 1987, paid almost $500 for it and hoped I was not
throwing my money away.

I bought my 1959 Yazoo Pro for $15 way back in 1988-ish. The previous
owner had just spent $65 having the carb and ignition gone over.
I blew up the 3.5HP Briggs engine back in about 2012? and replaced it
with a brand new 6.5HP Bolton Power Products CHONDA motor for $85 and
I've rebuilt the main spindle twice at a cost of less than $25 each
time. I've replaced the rear tires (20 inch BMX) and replaced the
sheet metal portion of the deck with stainless steel countertop that I
got for nothing.
Will likely outlast me at this rate.I likely have about $500 invested
including all the gas I've put through it - - - My lot is 1/3 acre.

I've had the same hammer for over 35 years. I've replaced the head twice and
the handle 3 times. Love that tool! ;-)