Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Mattress/bed

On 23/04/2019 19:39, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 23/04/2019 18:36, D.M. Procida wrote:
I have here a rather nice old Dutch bed. Unfortunately, it seems to be
intended for a mattress of 115 cm width - the exact width available for
the mattress is 115.5 cm - I presume that such a thing used to be made.

Needless to say it seems to be impossible to find sprung mattresses in
that width (I have found a company that makes custom-sized foam
mattresses).

How exactly do mattresses need to fit? Would a 110 cm mattress be
visibly too narrow (I think it would)?

In old money, that's a inch either side and a gap of 2.5% of the width.
An underblanket would swallow some of that space.

Are you going to lie there loosing sleep on it? :-p

Not if it's fast one.

--
Adam