Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default right of way at a mini roundabout

In article , NY
writes
"ss" wrote in message
On 22/04/2019 16:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Er, priority to the right ?

I was going to say the same, but then....
All 3 drivers have someone to their right.

That is one of the failure modes of mini roundabouts: they are prone to
deadlock when no-one can go because all three/four streams of traffic
have equal priority when everyone has someone to their right. What is
needed is a sign at one of the entrance roads to imply that this road
has priority over the others when there is deadlock. Once one car has
gone (assuming there isn't anyone behind that car) then one of the
streams no longer has anyone to its right and can go, and once that car
has gone, the one in the third direction can go, and so on.

With a Land Rover Defender I have never found it a problem.
--
bert