Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Track saw or spindle sander

On 4/23/2019 2:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 2:39:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 1:12:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 4/23/2019 1:05 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 12:53:59 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift cards. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

Thanks.

I suspect YOUR answer is dependent on what you do. If you are a shop woodworker making furniture, then the spindle sander probably, maybe, has more use since it would be needed for smoothing all curves, edges.

Actually a disk sander is best for convex curves. Spindle sanders are
better for convex curves.

Guessing you mean CONCAVE curves for the spindle sander. I think concave is the inside of a circle, hole cut into a piece of wood. Whereas convex is the outside of a circle you cut from wood. So an "S" has both concave and convex curves. And you need both sanders for an "S"!!!

I was "taught" to remember that the word concave contains the word "cave"
and a cave is something that goes inward.

Correct.