Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Mattress/bed

On 24/04/2019 11:27, Tim+ wrote:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 6:27:11 AM UTC+1, D.M. Procida wrote:
Robin wrote:

I have here a rather nice old Dutch bed.

If by "Dutch bed" you mean a bed in a cupboard then I'd agree that a
smaller mattress would be fine with the at the back filled by something
- foam, box to provide a shelf/storage, etc.

Ah no - it's a mid-century tubular steel frame.

Steel can be cut and welded. ;-) A picture would be helpful.

Indeed. We need to know that the bed is authentically "Dutch" in order
to avoid recommending culturally inappropriate mattresses

--
Robin