Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Mattress/bed

Yes I'd not notice, but it really depends on the sort of mattress, some
bulge a bit as they age..
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 23/04/2019 18:36, D.M. Procida wrote:
I have here a rather nice old Dutch bed. Unfortunately, it seems to be
intended for a mattress of 115 cm width - the exact width available for
the mattress is 115.5 cm - I presume that such a thing used to be made.

Needless to say it seems to be impossible to find sprung mattresses in
that width (I have found a company that makes custom-sized foam
mattresses).

How exactly do mattresses need to fit? Would a 110 cm mattress be
visibly too narrow (I think it would)?

In old money, that's a inch either side and a gap of 2.5% of the width. An
underblanket would swallow some of that space.

Are you going to lie there loosing sleep on it? :-p

--
Adrian C