Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Any experience of "National tool hire shops"?

wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2019 23:59:43 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 23 April 2019 21:45:46 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 22/04/2019 18:45, tabbypurr wrote:

The few times I've gone to hire something it always worked out at least as cheap to
buy one.

Hire of a heavy duty rotavator - £77 for 2 days.

List price is in excess of £2500...

It tells us that I've wanted tools I didn't have, which is hardly
informative. It also tells us you want to be childish about a situation
where we all know perfectly well that many things are cheaper to buy than
hire, and some aren't.

NT

Another factor which could actually be costed but for many of us it is
simply easier to keep it to space considerations is storage of items.

A collection of equipment may be built up by judicious and opportunistic
purchasing where individual items cost less than hiring them after a couple
of uses but storing them may bring considerations of needing another shed
or workshop ,increased insurance costs to cover what you have and the
awkwardness of having things piled into a small area that if it wasnt so
cluttered could be useful but in reality is PITA to do anything in because
something is always in the way.

GH