Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Tool Parts ID - State Auction Items

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 9:11:16 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Well, it'd be a thought if it's at all functional as starting point...

I checked the geared apparatus, it works fine, I think. The gears are dirty, full of crud. I'll clean it and recheck the movement. I suspect it will work just fine.

How heavy/long is it? If it weren't truly exorbitant (seems like the
brown trucks are quite expensive any more), why not???

It weighs at least 100 lbs, maybe/probably more. I have a rough time moving it. I'll weigh it on the bathroom scale, later. The fence, itself, is 36" long, 7" wide and 29/32" thick. The whole unit, as seen in the pics, is 36" long, 14" wide; from floor to top of the fence is 9"; from floor to top of the crank/handle is 17", but this handle moves up and down with cranking. Note the handle is broken and I don't have the pieces.

There is an additional crack/handle/knob - pics "misc tool 8" and "Misc tool 7". Scroll right for 6 more pics of the geared fence unit. There is another crank/handle/knob that has been broken from the top, the casting is broken, not the knob assembly. This broken knob is Misc Tool 3 in the pics. Or click onto the "photostream" tab to see all the pics on page 1.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...in/photostream

If it would have to come common carrier, it's probably not worth the
hassle...

I don't know what State you are in. Are you within reasonable driving distance from Troutman NC? I'll be driving to Troutman around July 30th.

Once I weigh it, I'll check shipping fees.

Sonny