Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Track saw or spindle sander

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 12:53:59 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift cards. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

Thanks.

I suspect YOUR answer is dependent on what you do. If you are a shop woodworker making furniture, then the spindle sander probably, maybe, has more use since it would be needed for smoothing all curves, edges. Whereas, if you are a carpenter going from job to job, then the track saw might be more useful since you are frequently cutting plywood and maybe putting straight edges on lumber. And cutting off doors and/or siding. Not that you can't use a track saw in the shop to cut up plywood and straight line rip lumber too.

I already own a track saw, so I'd be more interested in the spindle sander for me personally. But that is me, not you.