Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default right of way at a mini roundabout

"Davidm" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 15:50:49 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

It happened again today as it has happened countless times before three
vehicles approach at the same time and all stop at the give way line at
a three way mini roundabout....we all sit there wondering who has right
of way...so feck it I blasted on around leaving them sitting....fed up
with everybody stopping and wondering who should go....any body else
found this? ....

Much more fun when you have 6 mini roundabouts around the 6 roads
leading into a big roundabout, like the so called "magic roundabout"
in Hemel Hempstead (I think there may be others around the country
now). I was working in Hemel at the time that roundabout was built - I
had great fun )

The Hemel one looks a bit weird when you see the signs on the approach, and
the first time you do it, it takes balls of steel to go the wrong way round
the big central roundabout although the right way round the mini
roundabouts. At least it's logical and geometric.

The Magic Roundabout in Swindon is *much* worse because the roundabouts are
plonked at random and I find I can never work out where traffic is going to
come from next. I still prefer one big roundabout which only makes me give
way once as I enter; once I am on the roundabout, everyone else has to give
way to me, instead of me having to give way at every side road to traffic
that wants to join. Maybe it's because I visualise it as one big junction
rather than lots of mini-roundabouts which just happen to be right next to
each other.