Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Are my meters SMETS2

On 22/04/2019 21:45, Bob Minchin wrote:
I have just taken over a flat with smart meters fitted.
How can I tell if these are smets2 type and will continue to be smart if
I move supplier

The Gas meter is ELSTER Themis model BK-G4E
The Electricity is a Elster AS300P

Both have 2014 dates on them

I have yet to get the "Dear Occupier welcome to Shell Energy" letter as
it is only 2 weeks since I took over.

Is there a database of meter models Vs communication prototcols?

Following up:
Thanks for your replies.
I had to phone Shell about something else and they confirmed that my
meters were fitted by SSE in 2014 and then the previous owner switched
to First Utility (now Shell) rendering them dumb meters.

I did not ask but there was no offer of fitting new meters which is fine
by me.
Bob