Dan O.

Default washing machine water temperature

hello wrote in message ...

My washing machine is hooked up to the
correct water lines in the laundry room.
When I select HOT water for the wash the
water is HOT like it is supposed to be.
When I select COLD the water is COLD
like it is supposed to be. When I select
WARM...the water is almost as cold as
the COLD setting.

Do I have to adjust the HOT and COLD
water valve on the wall in order to get the
proper mix for warm water

To get warn, both hot and cold water need to fill at about the same
rate. If one water flow is stronger then the other, the temperature of
warm will be closer to that temperature. Can you notice a different in
fill rate between a hot only and cold only setting?

If the fill rates are different between the 2 you could adjust the
water taps accordingly but the proper thing to do would be to find out
why they are substantially different and correct it. If could just be
partially plugged sediment screens in one of the fill hoses, a bad tap
or bad (interior caked up with lime and scale, etc.) water supply line
to the tap.

or is there an internal valve inside the washing
machine that handles that.

On top of the line washer models there may be an electronic control
which controls how much of each water supply to allow in to achieve a
"warm" temperature. On a model like that, a problem in the control or
its sensors could cause the temperature on that setting to be off.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Whirlpool+washer