Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bleaching tableware - ? - !

On Monday, 22 April 2019 21:14:51 UTC+1, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 22 April 2019 18:37:28 UTC+1, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 22 April 2019 10:19:50 UTC+1, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 21/04/2019 17:28, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 21 April 2019 11:15:29 UTC+1, Another John wrote:

Having a mug of tea with a mate the other day, I bemoaned the fact that
my beautiful mug (on the outside) had acquired brown stains (on the
inside) which can't be removed using the normal nylon scouring sponge.

He said his Mum used to bleach their cups on a regular basis. I'd heard
of this before, but I've never gone near the idea, for fear of poisoning
myself.

What does The Team Think, please?

Cheers
John

done it loads, works a treat. Rinse well after.

There's no risk of poisoning, the tiniest trace is very tastable. And yes bleach has been used internally medically, a trace won't kill you.

NT

Indeed, it may well cure you of all known ailments...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-miracle-cure

Cheers

There are studies indicating it does cure some things. It might be interesting to see what study or studies the FDA base their position on

NT

This is what the FDA posted:

https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/.../ucm228052.htm

To speak a bit more plainly I'd be surprised if the FDA had ANY study that showed them it didn't work. And there are ones that show it does have its uses.

"But FDA experts say they arent aware of any research that shows the product can effectively treat any illnesses."

Then perhaps they're deaf or blind.

NT