Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default right of way at a mini roundabout

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:21:01 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 15:50:49 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

It happened again today as it has happened countless times before three
vehicles approach at the same time and all stop at the give way line at
a three way mini roundabout....we all sit there wondering who has right
of way...so feck it I blasted on around leaving them sitting....fed up
with everybody stopping and wondering who should go....any body else
found this? ....

Er, priority to the right ?

Priority to anyone *already* *on* the roundabout (which I agree is hard
with a mini). So if someone has not yet reached the dotted line then I
enter the roundabout.

That was my understanding. We both moved on at the same time and the
other driver started making his displeasure known. There was no-one
on the roundabout when I entered, officer.

The question to ask yourself is whether the person (to your right) at
or near the roundabout would have to take evasive action (i.e. operate
the brakes or steering) if you enter.

In my case, he did when he reached me.