Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Tool Parts ID - State Auction Items

On 4/22/2019 11:46 AM, Sonny wrote:

When this tool came up for bids, it was identified as a radial arm saw. I could see it was some sort of drilling machine and thought it was some sort of milling machine. I wonder if the buyer knew what it was. If he knew what the machine was, he should have known what the jointer's extra parts were. He was one of the initial bidders of the jointer, had inspected it and the extra parts, so he was obviously aware. I suspect some of the buyers of some of these big tools resell them as scrap iron, since they purchase them for so little money.

I'd guess that's the deal here, for sure, too...it's too far gone to
restore, particularly w/o the table to even try to reattach.

You might make your own from the table -- if it weren't so heavy and
costly, I'd consider offering for it as a replacement for the small
mortiser--be really kewl to have a movable table instead of just clamps
to the fixed...