Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default Mono Stereo

On 21/04/2019 22:42, tony sayer wrote:
In article , mm0fmf
scribeth thus
But it's no different from the best TV or posh FM tuner. Neither will work
well without a decent aerial.

DAB doesn't work well even with a good antenna. It's a **** poor
standard designed for 1995 level electronics with no upgrade potential.
Having had it foisted on us, nobody in power is prepared to admit it's
crap and should be ditched.

It offers no improved quality of reception over FM. My 1969 Roberts R707
FM portable radio sounds better than just about all modern portable
radios, FM or DAB.

Your not that bloke;

"DAB sounds worse than FM" are you;?...

No. But DAB does sound ****e. Problem being having some expensive audio
gear at home gets you used to stuff sounding good. The last car's
original owner had fitted a £1200 audio upgrade which sounded fabulous
on my high rate MP3s and CDs but the DAB was dire. FM sounded fine.