Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Nightmare fitting cat6 faceplate modules.

In article , Erik the Pink
scribeth thus
Lee Nowell wrote:
Yes maybe although wired us always more reliable. Having said that, these

wires I run several years ago it is only now that I have got around to
terminating them so since I bought the gear already thought I might as well
finish the job off

Fair enough, my point was just that we are probably now on the cusp on the point
where wireless connections are reliable enough.

Yes the wireless may well and will be by itself, but the problem is the
amount of interference from other users around these days!...

As to your other points, bend radius in cat 5e did matter, in so much as a kink
in the cable would reduce it from gigabit to 100 Mb/s.

I too have messed up faceplates. Deeper back boxes helped, but most of the time
I now just let the wires come out of the wall and use a solid cable RJ45.

But I'm just a novice so listen to the experts.

--
Tony Sayer