Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Super capacitor Interesting

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:25:08 +0100, mm0fmf wrote:

On 21/04/2019 12:09, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 11:51:09 +0100, mm0fmf wrote:

On 21/04/2019 10:53, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
at the second load of adverts

Adverts?

NoScript + uBlock Origin + Firefox = No adverts.

Yes, but Google (and all other search engines) is/are slowly drowning
in poor quality results, thanks to everyone + dog thinking they can
become a "social media influencer" (whatever the **** that is).

Last few technical problems I've had, it's been quicker to take a crash
course in whatever (dropbear 3 days ago, being the most recent) than
trawling through loads of meaningless drivel only to realise that a frw
other people have *had* the issue, but nobodies answered.

Incidentally, a moderated usenet is *far* more useful than any number
of blogging sites.

Dross in search results, dross in user reviews, never ending problem.
But cutting out crap forced on you like adverts does help.

Oh yes. AdBlock plus, privacy badger, noscript are standard.

Moderation can be hugely beneficial.

Indeed.

The annoying thing is I would be prepared to pay a small amount for a
better quality of result. I wonder if someone can turn that into a
credible competition for Google - where you pay to remove the crap that
others are paying to pump ?

Youtube does that.