Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Bleaching tableware - ? - !

"Another John" wrote in message
Having a mug of tea with a mate the other day, I bemoaned the fact that
my beautiful mug (on the outside) had acquired brown stains (on the
inside) which can't be removed using the normal nylon scouring sponge.

He said his Mum used to bleach their cups on a regular basis. I'd heard
of this before, but I've never gone near the idea, for fear of poisoning
myself.

What does The Team Think, please?

Filling with a strong hot solution of bicarbonate of soda and
leaving overnight used to be a standard treatment for teapots
and also works on mugs. Basically the longer the period of soaking
the less effort is required to remove any stains. Bicarbonate of
soda can apparently also be made up into a paste for instant
application although presumably this requires more effort.

Quite possibly bleach might work equally well on teapots and mugs
only I've never heard of it myself. Maybe its a regional thing.

michael adams

michael adams

Cheers
John