Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Flooring options

Looking at flooring options for the lounge through into the kitchen...
To be laid on top of T&G board...

Out front is an unmade road, out back is a garden that gets quite boggy
in wet weather and leads straight into the lounge.
We have a dog, dragging muck in from front/rear at any given time and at
the age where it isn't unheard of for her to have a morning **** (or
worse) a couple of hours before we notice.

(I know the obvious solution, but we are very fond of the dog)

Is Amtico/Karndean likely to be suitable? I was looking at loose-lay
because it looks good and a piece of **** to put down but the more I
look into it the more i'm concerned about marks/scratches/mopability and
the need to immediately clean up any spills. And it's expensive.

So i'm thinking tiles for a permanent solution? Or go the other way and
get a cheap roll of lino.

Any input appreciated.