Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:14:01 GMT, toonmag50
m wrote:

replying to Brian Gaff, toonmag50 wrote:
My Worcester green Star 37 CDI has just done the same grab with its key.
It happened 4 years ago when the boiler needed to be topped up, but it
eventually came out.
This time ,the boiler is very greedy and won't release the key.
I phoned Worcester Bosch technical support and they suggested that I pay
£310.00 for an engineer to "look at it"
I suggested that the key has a design fault and should not behave like this.
I have turned the key to the closed position and it will stay like this .
The wife was getting worried about the system overpressurising as she read the
instructions. I can't see this happening if the stop valve is closed and the
key closed. No weeping from the mains should occur.
It looks like a nice way Bosch have invented to get a nice overpriced annual
service from panicking Joe bloggs.
Leave the key in and forgot about the stress .

I was told by the installers to leave it in, as it is totally
unnecessary and only there for regulatory reasons