Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_91_] Bill[_91_] is offline

Default Gutter cleaning

RMD wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:38:07 -0500, philo wrote:

Now that I'm almost 70, my wife insisted that I call a guy to clean the
gutters.

After a ten month wait, I decided to just do it myself.

Had to do it when my wife was not watching.

I wonder if I should have those leaf guards installed?

I clean my gutters using a leaf-blower.

I get up on the roof to do this, but I also built a specially shaped
leaf blower attachment that lets me clean the gutter from the ground.

Obviously I can see what is happening better up on the roof, but the
leaf-blower attachment for ground level blowing worked well enough.

Ross

If you only need to reach up to about 8 feet or so, the Sears
Shopvac has an attachment that makes it easy to do from the
ground. I've been doing it that way for about 10 years. Here ya
go, the price may have risen only $2 in 10 years!

https://www.sears.com/craftsman-gutt...p-00916935000P

It's not as fast as the guys using a leafblower from the roof,
but I prefer not to go there.