Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Thermometer attachment for mobile phone?

"Davidm" wrote in message
On 20 Apr 2019 16:31:00 GMT, David wrote:

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 16:58:10 +0100, newshound wrote:

On 20/04/2019 12:25, David wrote:
I would like to be able to measure the ambient temperature without
carrying a bulky device.

Favourite option would be an attachment to a mobile phone. Why? Well,
because.....

So far I have found this:
https://shop.thermodo.com/
which looks the business but is not widely available.
Around £28.09 in the UK via eBay.

Does anyone of a similar product?
Plugging a sensor into the earphone socket seems a logical design.

Cheers

Dave R

There are matchbox sized sensors with a thermistor on a couple of feet
of wire, as used for acquariums etc. (I have a couple on my boiler
pipework). Or did you need a probe? Various small ones suitable for
cooking and checking food temperatures in fridge, servery, etc. eBay is
your friend.

Looking for something already fully integrated and either audio jack or
bluetooth to the mobile phone (android).

Isn't the audio jack on the phone output only?

No, they do work with headsets with mics.