Posted to uk.d-i-y
Erik the Pink Erik the Pink is offline

Default Nightmare fitting cat6 faceplate modules.

Lee Nowell wrote:
Yes maybe although wired us always more reliable. Having said that, these wires I run several years ago it is only now that I have got around to terminating them so since I bought the gear already thought I might as well finish the job off

Fair enough, my point was just that we are probably now on the cusp on the point where wireless connections are reliable enough.

As to your other points, bend radius in cat 5e did matter, in so much as a kink in the cable would reduce it from gigabit to 100 Mb/s.

I too have messed up faceplates. Deeper back boxes helped, but most of the time I now just let the wires come out of the wall and use a solid cable RJ45.

But I'm just a novice so listen to the experts.