Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Thermometer attachment for mobile phone?

On 20/04/2019 12:25, David wrote:
I would like to be able to measure the ambient temperature without
carrying a bulky device.

Favourite option would be an attachment to a mobile phone. Why? Well,
because.....

So far I have found this:
https://shop.thermodo.com/
which looks the business but is not widely available.
Around £28.09 in the UK via eBay.

Does anyone of a similar product?
Plugging a sensor into the earphone socket seems a logical design.

Cheers

Dave R

There are matchbox sized sensors with a thermistor on a couple of feet
of wire, as used for acquariums etc. (I have a couple on my boiler
pipework). Or did you need a probe? Various small ones suitable for
cooking and checking food temperatures in fridge, servery, etc. eBay is
your friend.