Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Gutter cleaning

On 4/19/2019 6:38 PM, philo wrote:
Now that I'm almost 70, my wife insisted that I call a guy to clean the
gutters.

After a ten month wait, I decided to just do it myself.

Had to do it when my wife was not watching.

I wonder if I should have those leaf guards installed?

My wife is the same and I just did mine on the first floor. I took my
time and made sure my center of gravity was good on the ladder. Several
years ago a neighbor than my age fell doing his and lost a few teeth.

Last year I had new gutters installed and was told that gutter guards
always failed and would cost 3X as much. I had mesh type with large
holes self installed and would still have to remove a few pieces to
remove particulate that accumulated. I see a micro mesh being
advertised and it may work better but probably costs even more. A quick
Google shows cheapest at about $25/ft.

I had my top floors gutters cleaned once and it cost about $200. I
think the are out of reach of trees around so I will do lower as long as
I can and bring out the Gutter Guys every several years.