Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Using a reconditioned IBC as a water tank

wrote in message
On Friday, 19 April 2019 16:10:00 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 19/04/2019 11:30, Broadback wrote:
On 19/04/2019 10:52, Jim K.. wrote:

Get the black one for another tenner, cuts down on mould growth.
Buy a tap to fit from the same supplier.
Leave it in the cage.

+1

+ another one.

I was given a couple of translucent ones which I use to collect water
off a roof for equines. You can keep the algae down to a reasonable
level using the tablets sold for non-plumbed-in garden swimming pools,
you put one or two in a "float" which doses them for a couple of weeks.
The final breakdown product is salt (and you give horses salt licks
anyway, so there is no toxicity problem in this case).

But the black (and I think blue?) ones are much rarer and presumably
fetch a premium.

Can they be painted with gloss topcoat?

Nope.