Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Electronics funny.

On 19/04/2019 16:47, Bill wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Â* tony sayer wrote:

You shouldn't have to rely on the XLR screens as a safety ground their
not there for that the main safety earth is, least thats how it works
and has worked for many years in my past experience.

Oh, indeed. But without knowing what else to try, I'm going to keep it as
is. The fuse in the Behringer is 1 amp, and the XLR screens and
connectors
will handle that as a fault current quite happily. I'd not do it where
others were likely to have to fiddle with it.

At the risk of sounding nannying, it should at least be reported to
Behringer. If two of these are faulty, it points at least to a bad batch.

More likely a design flaw.

I'm sure it is safe in your use, but other, less experienced, people
will presumably buy these and who knows what earths will be left off to
cure the buzz.

We don't how the earth is connected internally. The earth inside could
be exceptionally quiet and the buzz caused from associated equipment and
it's associated earthing.

Earthing arrangement can be a nightmare with no obvious solution and the
inappropriate apportioning of blame.

I hate the idea of the removal of an earth. It reminds me of days when
some would leave the earth off an oscilloscope to improve noise
performance or to look/compare at signals at raised voltages.