Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Giant 9volt battery

As a slight digression, besides that Westinghouse tube portable radio,
one of my relatives had a 1960s era LW/AM/SW transistor portable (in a
fabric covered wood case) made by Reela in France. It used an Ever
Ready (not Eveready) PP11 battery
(https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...batteries.jpg). This
battery had two separate 4.5V sections but the radio used both in
series. We couldn't locate a stateside source for the battery so we
replaced the battery connector with a standard 9V snap-on. The bands
were selectable via front panel pushbuttons. The selectable bands were
Grandes Ondes (GO) 150-300 kHz, Petites Ondes (PO) 520-1600 kHz and
Ondes Courtes (OC) 5-20 MHz. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: