Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Phone sockets to patch panel

On 19/04/2019 12:00, Lee Nowell wrote:
Thanks all. I was rooting around in one of my many cable boxes and stumbled across some RJ11 to BT adapters. So have wired it up using these for now. So I have

Port 1 - wired master socket and using an RJ11 to BT adapter have connected to it the normal ADSL filter. Modem connected to the unfiltered port. Then using a BT to RJ11 adapter connecting the filtered side to the phone ports I wired in parallel.

Phone and alarm are wired into separate ports and then patched across to these. All seems to work fine.

Need a neater solution for the various adapters etc but otherwise it works

A master socket face plate filter is often the way to go. These have the
filter buit in and easy access to filtered and unfiltered on the front:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ilterFront.png

Terminals on the back for both filtered and unfiltered extensions:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...FilterBack.png

Openreach often fit them as standard now, and have a few revisions of
different types :

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...terSockets.png

--
Cheers,