Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Funny belt question

wrote:

On Thursday, 18 April 2019 15:54:43 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:

On 18/04/2019 12:56, wrote:
On Thursday, 18 April 2019 11:12:16 UTC+1, FMurtz wrote:
If a belt is listed as 126" outer and 124" inner and you cut it ,why is
it the same length inner and outer .

I thought this was about trousers.

Why is a 36" trouser belt not long enough to go round a 36" waist?

Owain

Because you bought the 36 inch trousers at M&S and their actual
size is 38 inches.

They do it to flatter people into thinking they are not really that fat.

This is absolutely true. But the OP says it is not long enough. So his
optimism about his 36" waist must be significantly greater than 2" of
optimism. I must admit I have had the same problem. I just bought a
38" belt!

Belts aren't normally fixed right at their tips. So your belt must be
longer than your girth.

NT

Very true. But the nominal size of a belt is usually the circumference
when done up to one of the first few notches. They aren't sold. or
described, by actual length.

--

Roger Hayter