Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default hot works

On 16/04/2019 22:55, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 16/04/2019 19:32, Tim Streater wrote:
Good Winky article here about the fire and consequences:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Paris_fire

(much better than the dribs and drabs on the BBC site).

Thank you. A very good read.

It looks like it may not be as bad as I feared - the stone vault is
largely intact.

Yes, I didn't realise it's a stone vault. I assumed that the ceiling
would burn as well as the roof, leading to both collapsing and burning
everything down below too.

I was recently in the loft of Norwich Catholic Cathedral (you can go up
the tower, and that's the access route. The tower is the highest
accessible point in Norwich; the views are wonderful)

The ceiling there is held up by timbers.

Andy