Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Phone sockets to patch panel

Hi John

That's almost correct. At the master socket, rather than have a BT socket plugged into the end I have the cat 6 wired like this (2nd photo) ie directly into the extension push down connectors on the face of the master socket (currently brown and brown/ white). At the moment there is a BT "slave" socket on the end.

https://www.vmadmin.co.uk/other/357-...tension-socket

The alarm wire is currently run directly from the alarm box to the slave socket. Based on the above plan is to remove slave socket and wire everything in as you suggest. Only question now is which colours I need to connect into the master socket for it all to work. I think it is blue / blue white but not sure