Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 18/04/2019 10:01, NY wrote:
Since electric motors should be much more efficient than internal
combustion engines the above figures are pessimistic but even if the
power requirement was only 30% of the above they'd still be
problematic.

If we can actually produce an acceptable battery car in due course for
more than intra urban short hops, then all the infrastructure is
buildable over the same sort of period that a petrol and diesel based
infrastructure was rolled out in the last century.

Yes. What worries me is that we may find that we have to alter our
habits, scheduling in longer breaks whenever the car is getting low on
power, whereas we are used to filling up in a few minutes whenever we
need to (without having to plan ahead).

It's fine for people who have a commute with recharging points at both
ends,

How many people drive 120 miles to work and 120 mile back every day?

Plenty of long distance truck drivers.