Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What sort of outlet pressure can a sump-pump generate?

On 4/16/19 5:39 PM, wrote:
Hi! This is a bit of a long shot as I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering if you ever figured out a solution for your rain barrel?

I'm in a similar situation... My rain barrel just drains so SLOWLY. I'd like to hook up a proper hose and nozzle, or even a sprinkler...

Did a sump pump work?

I was thinking of cutting open the lid of mine to make it removable, that way I could completely submerged the pump.

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!

What about cutting a hole in the side toward the bottom? You
could use a bulkhead
tank fitting and a shutoff valve. Then even a drill powered pump would
work if you want to generate some pressure. Use one of those sprinkler
hoses. There are spray nozzles for center pivots that don't require
much pressure to work. Those 55 gallons won't go far anyhow.
This is a bulkhead tank fitting:
https://www.amazon.com/Joywayus-Connector-Bulkhead-Fitting-Stablizing/dp/B07GPWD6XQ/ref=asc_df_B07GPWD6XQ/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4583451662957168&psc=1

OR
http://tinyurl.com/y37up4ft