Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Nightmare fitting cat6 faceplate modules.

On Monday, 15 April 2019 18:32:12 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi All

I bought a load of these (or at least they look like then) ages ago to terminate my cat 6 cables have clip into a faceplate

https://m.dhgate.com/product/cat6-pu...21.html#pd-104

The cables are run in conduit in the wall and enter the back box either from the top or bottom. There is very little movement in the cables within the conduit. As far as I can make out, these connectors assume the cable comes in horizontally to the rear of the connector. The black plastic connector then helps to keep the individual wires in place and the main cable in position.

Problem is that in my situation, getting cat6 to doing a 90 degree bend is difficult and to do this in such a confined space with little play on the cable in the wall almost impossible without disturbing the wires in the connector.

I'm sure there must be a trick to using these but I can find it. I have tried wiring it so cable comes from above the connector and then pushes in to the connector(ie the top row are shorter wires and the bottom row go over the first and push into the second). This is more doable but I can't fit the connector on to hold the wires in place.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee

Get a box extension.