Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What sort of outlet pressure can a sump-pump generate?

On 4/17/2019 5:50 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 11:44:08 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/17/2019 10:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 6:39:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi! This is a bit of a long shot as I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering if you ever figured out a solution for your rain barrel?

I'm in a similar situation... My rain barrel just drains so SLOWLY. I'd like to hook up a proper hose and nozzle, or even a sprinkler...

Did a sump pump work?

I was thinking of cutting open the lid of mine to make it removable, that way I could completely submerged the pump.

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!

Since you want pressure to run a sprinkler, why are you looking at sump pumps
instead of a water pump used for a well?

Probably cost. Sump pumps can be had for $125. Well pumps $1500 and up

IDK what well pumps you're looking at or where you get your prices,
but a basic well pump can be had for $125 too. What well pump costs $1500?
Even typical submersible costs less than half that. For something like
this, can probably find low cost or used ones on Ebay too.

OK, I see some shallow well pumps cheap. Grundfos deep well high
capacity are easily $1500
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grundfos-3-...-/230866910833