Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Northfield jointer nearby?

On 4/17/2019 10:57 AM, Sonny wrote:

You might notice the strapping (red ratchet and a rope) around the infeed table (on the trailer). I had loosened something, can't recall, and that table top moves a bit. I tied it steady for transport, will look into that looseness, later. I'm puzzled by that looseness. I did turn the raise/lower wheel, to see how the table assembly moves (smoothly). I may have not snugged the locking knob.

That is puzzling...just the locking knob loose shouldn't let the table
move noticeably at all--it needs to be snug enough to stay put when in
use so unless the adjusting ways are not even close to snug, that
shouldn't be the source. Then again, you say the table did raise/lower
easily, mayhaps somebody did back way off at some point because it did
get hard to move owing to regular maintenance/keeping lubricated and out
of the damp.

However, I'd guess maybe you accidentally in "loosening something"
loosened the locking mechanism for the draft tilt since it is on the
infeed side -- I have never had access to a pattern makers jointer of
any manufacturer, what more Northfield for the specific one so I'm not
sure just how that is put together and locked into position.

Wouldn't be any fun without any mysteries, though...

--dpb