Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 22:25:22 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message

Politicians saying we'll ban something 20 years later means
approximately
nothing.

Quick recharge is already doable: swap the battery
pack. Charge the driver per charge used.

Trouble is that that still doesnt work with all the cars being
recharged with a battery swap because it still takes too long
to charge the battery. You would need a huge shed of batterys
being charged for an hour or so to keep up with demand.

which is precisely what i said

If you can recharge the pack in 15 minutes it's
doable at least for low use garage forecourts.

Trouble is that you would need 3 times the forecourt size

yep. Doable, but at a price.

assuming most currently recharge their petrol/diesel cars
in 5 mins and its the peak number of cars being recharged
at once that matters, not the non peak volume of cars.

Busy ones would need a big recharging shed with a busy forklift.

Cant see that working either.

exactly who cares that you can't see it?

The other way to tackle the problem is improve
the energy efficiency of cars. That is entirely doable.

No it isnt given that we have been doing that for a century now.

Gotta wonder why mfrs don't seem to care on that point.

Corse they do.

Many buyers do.

And plenty of manufacturers make cars for those buyers.

So yet another subject on which you now jack, cba to find out & think you
know it all.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Look at the small diesels, ****wit child.