Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a PSU to a turntable

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 23:12:35 UTC+1, wrote:

I seem to have invented perpetual motion!

The 8V wallwart (rated at 230 milliamp) showed about 0.5V off load. I cut its plug of and tried again on the bare wires. 15V!

I thought, what the heck, itll probably drop when its on load.

Turned the turntable on, and it span at what looked to be about 33 1/3.

Checked the V on load 19!

Switched off quick, and will wire the 12V beast back in tomorrow.

Ta muchly for all the advice.

Best regards

Chris

they're not normally that bad :/. A 12v heavy type wart will often give 19v off load, dropping to 12 at max load.

NT