Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Phone sockets to patch panel

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 20:38:10 UTC+1, wrote:
Also, I assume I have to terminate the cable from the BT master socket
in a BT socket rather than terminate it in the patch panel?

No, terminate the phone line on paralleled RJ45 sockets, eg on your patch panel if you have an spares, or on something like this

https://www.network-cabling.co.uk/st...-modules-p-590

The use RJ45-RJ45 patch leads between the data panel and the phone panel.

On my home patch panel I have 4 phone lines per group of 5 jacks, jacks 1-4 are a single line on the first pair each, and jack 5 has 4 lines using all four pairs. Thus I can take 4 lines to a location only using 1 data line. (And as in the main rooms the jacks are in quads, I can take 16 lines to any one location.)

(They're not BT lines, I do have a number of switchboards.)

Owain