Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bloody brisket ......

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 19:57:19 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 22:41:54 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 15/04/2019 15:40, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few
miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole
is
too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed
do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping
hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of
immigrants
do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long
and
we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

There are a couple of different problems.

With doctors, a lot are retiring early, because the government reduced
the lifetime cap on pensions, so it makes more sense for them to
retire
early instead of continuing to contribute to their pension pot and
being
taxed heavily for it.

Then why isn;t teh answer not to tax them so heavily ?

Because that applys to all substantial income earners, not just doctors.

Maybe they need help fiddling their taxes returns then.

That regulation has nothing to do with fiddling tax returns.

There'd be one hell of a stink if doctors had their own special tax deal.

Like a lot of high end componies but they manage it via shares and other
options.

Not possible for a doctor. They can't even operate as a corporation.

With both doctors and nurses, we simply
don't offer enough training places.

Then why not.

It costs a lot to provide those.

Why does it cost us mor eto provide them that other countries then ?

Because the labor and other costs are much higher in the
UK than in India and Pakistan and the Philippines, stupid.

Exactly so why support such an idea like the free movement
of people which only encourages such things the last time
this happened was during the slave trade

The last time that happened was actually just after war with the
windrushers.

No it wasn't as we were importing particular people for particualar
purposes the NHS and transport being the biggest two.

Thats a pig ignorant lie with the windrushes. And
slaves were imported for particular purposes too.

They weren;t imported for a couple of months fruit pickin,
they were here tpo replace those we lost in WWII

Wrong, as always.

because we didn't have enough workers we imported them,
shoved them into overcrowded towns so the landowners
and other wealthy people could make a greater profit.

So things could get done in fact.

No to save money, save having to actually
train people to do the jobs needed.

Wrong with the windrushes.

The EU seems to be encouraging such
migration rather than trying to stop it.

The EU is doing what the UK did in the past,

So it should have learnt from those mistakes,

It wasnt a mistake, it did make sense at the time.
And does now for the EU too given its one hell
of an incentive for the dregs of eastern europe
to join the EU which the EU sees as evidence
that the EU is successful. And in that sense it is.

but instead decided to follow the mistakes.

It wasnt a mistake then and isnt a mistake now for the EU.

encourage those who cant find work where
they are to move to where the work is. Thats
why the Plow**** ended up in London.