Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Strong insulating (electrical) sheet material.

On 16/04/2019 17:29, TimW wrote:
I need to find a substitute for aluminium plate which doesn't conduct
electricity. Thin ply would probably be strong enough, but would prefer
something a bit easier to work, and the fixing holes would be rather
close
to the edge for ply.

Something like a few layers of the glass fibre used for decent PCBs would
be good - or sheet of that about 5mm thick.

Size needed about 3x2" so small. Load less than a kilo, but supported at
one end only, so a fair twisting moment on it.

Anything I could pop along to a shed and buy?

white UPVC for soffits and the like might do? Often 6mm thick I think.
TW

Often double wall with an air gap... which might or might not be good
depending on the application.

--
Cheers,

John.