Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default damage to the undercarriage!

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:54:48 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:54:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/15/2019 8:13 PM, wrote:

Be sure to read all the fine print !
My car insurance only covers rental cars in Canada & USA.
Even the premium credit card coverage has limitations -
example Ireland is excluded as are a few other countries.
John T.

In Italy, the rental company told me by law I had to have the insurance.
Different rental companies, different airports so it may be true.

My Ontario autoinsurance covers me anywherre in the USA and CanadaIf I decline the CDW.

One of my credit cards does too IF I pay the ENTIRE cost with that
card AND decline the CDW from the rental company.

There might be some of that here too. I think I remember hearing that,
but it's certainly not on the webpage where you make the original
reservation.

If you don't drcline the CDW neither one can cover a cent. When I was

Wow.

in Austria and in the Canary Islands my insurance covered the CDW. I

My credit card would cover CDW, but only if I rented for less than 31
days. Even then, only for the first month. Even if I changed rental
car companies after a month, they keep track of that, and even if I
changed charge cards, they exclude that (and might keep track of it).
Plus if I went below a month, like the last partial month of rental, I'd
lose my monthly rate.

Plus even if you can do it, the rental company won't accept a printout
of the credit card webpage that says your covered, probably because
there are so many credit card plans (and webpages, and even more so
printouts of webpages, can stay the same while actual plans change).
All the rental companies insist on a letter addressed to the customer
saying he is covered for CDW. I think this has to be a postal letter,
so one has to remember to do this enough days before leaving home, but I
know the credit card companies know what the rental companies want from
them.

DO have "non owned vehicle cpverage"

It certainly gets complicated.