Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a PSU to a turntable

On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 22:45:49 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi All,

I measured the original supply voltage on load, and it was a shade under 12V (its a very lightweight turntable).

I had another dig in my spare PSU box and found a couple of 12V SMPUs. One of which measured 12.2V off load.

I decided to go for it.

The turntable played fine 11::^*)).

I dont think I checked the on load voltage, as I assumed it would be the same with such a negligible load.

I listened to about a track and a half of an LP, and none of the magic black smoke escaped.

Thanks for all the advice.

Good job. If you find a 9v wallwart change over to that, it'll avoid cooking the motor regulator.

NT